We’re on the hunt for someone to fill this essential role at the Co-op.
The Co-op cannot operate for long without an active Treasurer. We have a real need for an enthusiastic volunteer to step into this role!
The Treasurer is one of our core office bearer Board positions along with the Chair and Secretary. At the heart of the role is the responsibility for checking that we’re operating ‘in the black’ so-to-speak. The Treasurer is also expected to contribute to Board decision-making more generally speaking.
We’re not in need of a financial whiz, there will be a substantial handover from the outgoing Treasurer and all of the major systems are in place for effective financial management. The incoming Treasurer will also receive a general Board member induction.
If you are a whiz however, let us not dissuade you! Otherwise a layman’s interest in the expression of numbers and administrative systems would see you through. Here are the details.
Hours: approx 10 hrs/month with a slightly higher workload around the end of financial year and AGM – this includes 2-2.5 hrs for a monthly meeting
Remuneration: Our love and gratitude for playing a pivotal role at our Co-op!
Commitment required: 15 month minimum – this is to complete the remainder of the current Board’s term and then stand for election to continue on.
Applications close: Monday 19th July 2021
- Attend monthly Board meetings
- Provide a Treasurer’s report in writing one week in advance of meetings – analysing and interpreting the financial reports (prepared by the accountant) relative to the budget
- Where required, provide financial analysis for proposals brought to the Board
- Prepare the annual budget in consultation with the management team and Board
- Assist the accountant and General Manager to prepare our financial records for auditing where necessary (not currently mandatory)
- Prepare and present the Treasurer’s report at the Annual General Meeting
- Contribute to a Finances Working Group to plan and innovate for our financial sustainability and flourishing
We welcome enquiries and/or applications from anyone interested in the role.
To apply, please share any relevant experience, skills or interest you have in the role with us. Your general understanding of or experience with our Co-op principles including cooperative structures, consensus decision-making and conflict resolution strategies would also be helpful.
Please direct applications and enquiries to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’.
You are also welcome to drop into the office and have a chat with a manager on duty, or give us a call – 6230 7505.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!