The Food Co-op is not currently hiring for any roles. Keep an eye on our social media for updates on upcoming roles or check out Working Member Roles for volunteering opportunities!
We are currently hiring a new Working Members Manager!
Basis: Part-time, ongoing
Hours: approximately 15 – 19 hours/week
Remuneration: $28.58 per hour.
Desired Commitment: minimum 18 months
Applications close: Sunday, 4th December 2022
- Be main point of contact for working members (volunteers), both new and existing
- Maintain functional activities and team rosters for working members to contribute to
- Communicate information to our wide range of working members
- Uphold the Workplace Health and Safety policies and procedures of the Food Co-op
- Develop programs and systems for more efficient, diverse and reliable working member opportunities
- Update and maintain job descriptions, contracts and other employee issues
- Demonstrate a ‘can do’ attitude and a willingness to join an engaging, inclusive and strategic work environment
- Attend monthly board meetings
- Commitment to the goals of the Food Co-op
- Excellent written, electronic, individual face to face and group communication skills
- Excellent time management
- Experience of and commitment to high standard of service
- Experience of managing staff and volunteers
- Strong computer literacy skills
- Understanding of and commitment to cooperative structures, consensus decision-making and conflict resolution strategies
- Understanding of and commitment to workplace health and safety
- Understanding of financial business strategies is desirable
How to apply for this job
- Please submit your CV, a brief cover letter, and a document addressing the selection criteria.
Please include your contact details and the names and phone numbers of two referees
- Applications will only be accepted in digital form, ideally emailed. Attachments must be in
Word (.doc), Rich Text Format, or PDF format
- Email applications must be sent by COB Sunday 4th December to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Working Members Manager application
- The Food Coop Shop is an equal opportunity employer
- For further information contact the Food Co-op at 02 6230 7505