Remuneration: $26.66 per hour.
Commitment required: 1 year with possibility of extension
Applications close: 10am, Monday 17th May 2021
This position encompasses two separate but related roles in our managerial portfolio.
Working Members Portfolio – approx 16hr/week
This is a vital role to the running of The Food Co-op given the centrality of voluntary Working Member labour to our organisational structure. The role is responsible for the on-boarding and coordinating of the majority of Working Member roles, and for overseeing policy and systems development to support this in the context of the Co-op’s principles and strategic plan. The role requires an individual with excellent communication and organisational skills, keenness for team work, a co-operative leadership style, and enjoyment with working in a dynamic and demanding environment.
Key activities of the role include:
- Being the main point of contact for Working Members, both new and existing
- Maintain functional activities and team rosters for Working Members
- Communicate updates and regularly check-in with our wide range of Working Members
- Develop and uphold the Workplace Health and Safety policies and procedures of The Food Co-op
- Develop programs and systems for more efficient, diverse and reliable Working Member opportunities
- Update and maintain job descriptions, contracts and other employee-related issues
- Demonstrate a ‘can do’ attitude and a willingness to join an engaging, inclusive and strategic work environment
- Oversee general runnings in the Co-op while on shift
- Attend monthly Board meetings
- Facilitate regular monthly meetings with ‘essential’ Working Members
- Working closely with the Communications Coordinator for online and social media platforms
Events Portfolio – approx 3 hr/week
This role is responsible for facilitating and maintaining community connections through events. This role requires an individual with excellent communication skills, people management experience, and a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
Key activities of the role include:
- Be main point of contact and inquiry for the community regarding booking/organising events at the Co-op
- Facilitate and organise the booking process for each event
- Maintain team rosters for working members for the Co op’s regular in-house events
- Working closely with Communications Coordinator to ensure information is distributed through our social media and online platforms
- Uphold the Workplace Health and Safety policies and procedures of The Food Co-op
- Develop ideas, programs and systems for more creative, diverse, effective and reliable community engagement opportunities
- Demonstrate a ‘can do’ attitude and a willingness to join an engaging, inclusive, dynamic and strategic work environment
- Where relevant, be a spokesperson for the Co-op at both in-house and external events
- Commitment to the values and goals of The Food Co-op
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Previous experience of managing staff or volunteers
- Excellent time management and good attention to detail
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Experience planning and organising events
- Previous experience working with a cooperative, volunteer-lead organisation or similar not-for-profit is highly valued
- Understanding of and commitment to cooperative structures, consensus decision-making and conflict resolution strategies
- Understanding of and commitment to workplace health and safety
How to apply for this job
- Please submit your CV AND a 1-2 page cover letter addressing the selection criteria.
Please include the names and phone numbers of two referees.
- Applications will only be accepted in digital form, ideally emailed. Attachments must be in
Word, Rich Text Format, or PDF format
- The Food Co-op is an equal opportunity employer
- Email applications must be sent by 17th May 2021, 10am to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Working Members/Events Manager application
- For further information, speak with the Manager on duty at 02 6230 7505